I think i have repeatedly told this stories to various groups of people by now, but I suppose I'll reiterate to the online community.
This past Friday, two of my apartments (Nina & Gloria) and I decided to make a Costco run. There's this awesome Gelato booth outside of the entrance that everyone has been talking about - $1.5 for 3frigginSCOOPS of Gelato! Costco style. So Glo decided to get some (more so because the waffle cone had caught her eyes) and this doode finally comes out to serve her. They do their ordering, paying thing, he starts scooping and seeing that I had my Harvest sweatshirt on, he asked "Harvest huh? where is that?" I was quite surprised he didn't ask OH Harvest Crusade? because I've gotten that about three times over winter break. So I told him Solana Beach. A few seconds later he asks us "Oh so you guys are Christians?" and of course, we replied yes. Another few seconds (somehow, this all just adds up to the time span of scooping three scoops of Gelato into a waffle cone. strange) he questions, "so... Christians believe in.. Jesus right?" - yes. Yet again, another pause, and he finally asks "So who's this JESUS?"
And you just might think. WOAH. evangelistic opportunity, initiated by the other person!
needless to say. we were caught off guard, and quite surprised.
i looked around and said... "wow, that is a loaded question"
and nina asked glo if she wanted to explain. but all three of us kind of...
stupidly just stared and remained silent.
in my mind, i was thinking how the heck do we explain who Jesus is without leaving out the whole picture in the time span of 3 scoops of gelato???!!!!
seeing that we were silent. This Gelato doode suddenly flipped his hat up and says super loudly and speedy manner.
"BAAAM!!! ROMANS 1:16 FOR I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL.... JESUS IS LORD OF LORDS, and KING OF KINGS!! GOTTA BE READY TO SHARE!"
OBVIOUSLY shocked. i think my jaw pretty much felt the rough surfaces of the concrete.
and we started laughing hysterically and saying OMG. WE JUST GOT OWNED.
Glo proceeded in asking him, "so you're christian too?"
and he says, "no, i just have a personal relationship with Jesus.."
-___- we later found out that he attends the Rock.
and there we were. and i had just told him that we are from Harvest in Solana Beach too.
SIGHHHH. talking about MAJOR OWNAGE. haaa.
hahahaha sorry this is quite funny. haha. good reminder though!!
ReplyDelete