and that is how the apostle Paul, for the most part, greeted those he addressed in the NT.
This past week I experienced abounding Grace and inexplicable peace from the Lord.
Somehow technology and I repel each other at times. only at times. but when those times do come, they are quite disastrous. I've left my cellphone in my pants-pocket in the washer before...and needless to say, poor cellular hit the grave. In the middle of my second year of college, my dear lap top's hard drive failed on me out of nowhere and left me with no farewells to half of my music and photos. This past Saturday, I left my lap top out (different from the one that experienced hard drive failure) while I attended a meeting. Upon my return, what I thought was a dead battery, turned out to be some corrupted index of sort, as Kenny Chin identified sunday night / early monday morning. Either way, I could not start it up even after a gajillion tries - yay. panic panic! Then of course, a flood of "oh crap, missions ministry meeting notes and reflections time line are on my computer... um, senior project proposal is due within the day...oh no vis141a project update due wed... oh freak cogs midterm on thurs... all my notes... no i cannot pay for another lap top... NO!" and the list goes on. you get the idea. Thankfully, Lynn gave me the brilliant idea of asking Kenny to take a look at my almost-lifeless lap top. So I did.
To make a long story short, he graciously lent me his net book (which by the way, looked INCREDIBLY small on my desk compared to my, as others have commented, "as big as me" lap top) for the weekend. After a roller coaster of possibilities, zee comp went from kind of dead, to a possibility of being quite dead and i would just need to get a new one, to it coming back to life - with a bunch of corrupted office files, malfunctioning NetBeans (a programming platform i needed for class) etc etc.
This technological mess definitely brought great inconveniences to my week, and I found myself continually apologizing for bothering kenny so much. In fact, did I mention how he just repaired the laptop and fixed the corrupted files while I was in small groups earlier? However, amidst the hectic schedule, greeeeat inconvenience for my school work (like 2hrs wasted trying to figure out what was wrong with netbeans when I could have studied, or slept), and inconvenience for others, God was gracious in constantly reminding me to not let circumstances dictate my stress level and emotions. SO, it was i guess a "bad week", but it didn't "feel" so bad in the end :) WHY? because His Grace is sufficient & His peace transcends all understanding.
now to catch up with my work this weekend :] and sleep :D
i shall leave you with yet another 王力宏 piece :)
I must admit, it is a bit strange and i suppose cliche at times.
and he's not necessarily the best rapper in the world.
but i am definitely sporting the food incorporation HA. of course.
and you have to admit, it is a creative piece.
I shall give you some background.
this Yi Jian Ni Jiu Xiao 一見你就笑 is a modern remix of Deng Li Jun's old classic, and this new version of the song is specially made for Taipei's "theme song" (smiling power) for the World Expo, 2010 in Shanghai. If you still don't know what it is, get on with the program!!! it is a huge world wide event!!
So, moving on. Deng Li Jun (鄧麗君) was a famous taiwanese singer back in the day - she is now dead fyi. if you are even slightly connected with your chinese roots, you may have heard of songs such as Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin (月亮代表我的心). i'm tellin you. it's OLD SCHOOL. like. my parents & GRANDPARENTS know of her and listen to her kind of old :) anyhow. she is undoubtedly a Taiwanese icon so what better representation than the incorporation of both the old and the new icons (aka WLH for the win!) of Taiwan along with the old and new style of music?
he pretty much did a 穿越時空 duet with her, meaning a duet that surpasses the limits of time. because she obviously cannot physically be there to collaborate with him :) Back in the day, music was recorded differently, records were produced differently, the tracks weren't always clean-cut and separated, so it actually required a lot of technology to extract her parts of the Chorus out. not to mention the need to speed it up as well! kind of crazy huh? much different than having some girl do a cover of the song. it is the authentic 鄧麗君 vocals. pretty awesome huh? i suppose these reasons alone allow me to overlook the actual piece. it is not bad though :) though you may think otherwise. hehe.
on a side note. why is their "I love taipei sign" the same as the L for looser sign HAHA. awesome...
No comments:
Post a Comment