Saturday, January 30, 2010

Interesting sites.

Hello. Just thought I'd share a site or two that I think are interesting.

Visual Complexity
my ICAM senior project collaborator introduced me to this site. it is all about the
visualization of data.
Here is one project done on human trafficking - a topic missions mini
stry is focusing on this quarter, and also a topic Uyen and I chose to do our project on. You can ask me about the project, by the end of the quarter. By then, it will be a fully developed proposal with prototypes and we shall be ready to build the project in the sequence to this course next quarter!





Here is an excerpt from the project description:
"
The idea of the poster is that the closer the viewer gets to it, more detailed information is revealed, such as numbers of children of a specific country being involved in prostitution or child labor, or other information."


you can take a look at the project description yourself, which I highly encourage by the way, because these images do not do it justice in terms of the details of the project.

So that is that.
and here is another.


Obviously, I have been inexplicably excited for the World Expo, 2010 in Shanghai! For one, i love different cultures, languages, cuisine, you name it. secondly, i haven't been back to Shanghai since I left in 8th grade. sad times! Anyways, I was browsing through the World Expo site, yet again, and stumbled across the architectural mark ups for the various Pavilions! SUPER AWESOME. Initially I thought they were just having some GIANT booths for each participant, but even in my wildest dreams... I did not expect specific designs dedicated to each country's / corporation's pavilion!

The China one looks like half our Geisel Library or something.

I don't know why this image is so small. I didn't do it on purpose ):



A few of my favorites thus far:


This is Mexico's! Not your traditionally looking structure either!


Israel's! I don't quite understand the significance though ):
Not knowledgeable in Israeli culture.



Artist rendition of Cisco's pavilion. Digging the lights.
LOVE city lights! BUT. sad, not-sure-if-worth-it trade off for the beautiful night sky ):


This past week, I found out that my middle school friend, who now attends USC, got a position as a customer relations person (and someone who will be helping the organizers) in the American Pavilion and will be working there for the duration of the Expo! HOW FRIGGIN COOL IS THAT. and. he said he could give me a tour when i go :) woohoo!

Dang. how did it become. almost. 10pm. need to get my butt back to work! adios amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment