Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hello.

Wow. it has been a ridiculously long time since I've last posted. Ahknow, cliche, but undoubtedly true. Many, many, many things have happened since I've last posted. In fact, so much I probably do not even recall most of it. Even Daniel Wu (my initial inspiration to re-explore the public blogging domain) is a married man now! Congrats to him and Lisa S - gorgeous, down to earth lady. Based off of my superficial understanding of them both, aka movies, media coverage and through their own writings, I must say... superrr cuuteee match! Anyways, I digress. Yes, busy am I. Hence the temporal disappearance. It is okeys. You don't need to hear about my life in such detail anyway. If you really want to, TALK to me and get off this blog :)

After much searching and applying, I have finally obtained a job at school, though I can barely consider it a job. For one, I, for now, only "work" around 2 hours a week, and two, it is just too enjoyable :) If my future full time job or career is something I can look forward to every day, oh what an awesome thing that would be!!! Many people I know have actually been involved in this - conversation leading - for a long time. Who knows why I've waited this long to actually apply?! Regardless, I am truly enjoying it. It has reconnected me with the rest of the world, and has finally taken me out of my super Asian bubble without me even leaving California! RIGHT HERE in my own backyard! :) how cool is that?

I have come to appreciate my confused, in-between cultural background, but it took years, and my interest in other cultures, languages etc. have accentuated throughout the years. I am extremely thankful for this opportunity to be a conversation leader. God continuously places opportunities in my life that are out of my comfort zone, challenging, but I really can't ask for better! It has opened my eyes to different cultures, perspectives, and people in general. It has taught me to love the lost and to see the world with His eyes. Pray that I will continue to do so and grow in this area. I only have about half the quarter left with these students - VERY SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. ):

nothing too deep.
nothing I can express fully in words.
but very exciting nonetheless!

Perhaps,
I should pursue a job or career where I can interact lots with international students, people......... mmms.




No comments:

Post a Comment