Monday, October 26, 2009

Sanctification.

"the hotter the furnace, the more refined the silver comes out"

Purify my heart,
let me be as gold and precious silver.
Purify my heart,
let me be as gold, pure gold.

Purify my heart,
cleanse me from within
and make me holy.
Purify my heart,
cleanse me from my sin, deep within.


Refiner's Fire

Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matt 16:24-26


not easy.
I was going to jot down some thoughts. but headache looming. Perhaps I will return another day.
in any case. i will leave you all with a song dear to my heart. a comfort. a reason to rejoice.

Before the throne of God above

I have a strong, a perfect plea:
A great High Priest, whose name is Love,
Who ever lives and pleads for me.

My name is graven on his hands,
My name is written on his heart;
I know that while in heaven he stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because a sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold him there, the risen Lamb
My perfect, spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I am,
The King of glory and of grace!

One in himself, I cannot die
My soul is purchased by his blood
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ, my Savior and my God


p.s. i think i listened to F4 (i am a bit ashamed now to admit that) so much in high school that almost four years of not listening to them still has no effect on me - the lyrics have been ingrained in my long term memory. haaa. amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment