Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Tired & Uninspired" - My American Heart

Tired. That, I really am. However, I cannot say that I am uninspired, or else why blog right? Regardless, I do loikes the song up above (: and will be seeing My American Heart perform at Porter's Pub on Feb10 - FREE on campus! why not? Two of the band members, Jesse Barrera and Larry Soliman are going to be there. They performed with AJ Rafael couple fridays ago at ocean java coffee house in National City - DON'T WORRY. I WILL DEFINITELY blog about that, HA! ANYWAYS.

on Jan 10, I took some time off from zee busy schedule and spent some time by myself (tho i still need some more of those) next to my house.. in the dog park... here is a small excerpt of some thoughts i jotted down:

"So I couldn't really find a place to go to, thinking it would be cold today (according to the weather), but turns out warm and sunny, and I ended up here in the, ha, dog park. No driving needed, no $ spent on drinks, and accompanied by a breeze and the sweet relaxing sound of children's laughter. Oh, not to mention my thermal, my PINK thermal might I emphasize. haha. new things every day.

The short stroll over to the park was nice. Not very often do i take the time to slow down, and take a look around. One would think that life can't get any slower in San Diego, but when your heart is anxious, when schoool gets crazy, and when serving others, or ministry becomes duty and obligation, life can just get as hectic and busy as HK or NYC... or jack bauer's life....er. ok bad illustration but that was the first thing that came to my mind. I guess the "on-call" checklist day pretty much sums up my past quarter, winter brek even, and this first week of the oh-so-anticipated winter quarter. (ha. hear the sarcasim in that?) So much has hapened. I am almost afraid to dig out my brain in fear of all the white hair that may start sprouting from my head at the "old age" of 21. Well, anyways, you gotta do what you gotta do right? "
This photo to the left is one of the many I took while enjoying God's creation in which i paid minimal attention to the past few weeks.
Anyways. Obviously, there are much more thoughts put into whatever I journaled about there on after, but I enjoy reading that excerpt. It sounds so relaxing.


Maybe I will travel back in time a bit. Seriously, with one hard blink of an eye, FQ 08, Christmas break, and New Years passed by just like that. There is a ridiculous amount of thigs to eflect upon. So much has happend, but everything is jumbled in my mind. Time to myself the past quarter, and especially during break, has been minimal. With that, I think it really took a toll on me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Stretched thin in terms of handling and dealing with responsibilities, burdens etc. internally. In turn, I also realized how little I depended on God, and how much I relied on myself to resolve my problems - which is OBVIOUSLY a fail. Now, we are about to step into fourth week of WQ already and my friend and I have been feeling tenth week for the past few weeks. I definitely did not enter WQ with much enthusiasm, or feeling refreshed. But I will talk about that more later. Some man once said something along the lines of this, "My day is SO BUSY, i have SO MUH stuff to do, that this day, I need to pray 3hrs, and not 2." like Justin said today at FNF, the man knew what he needed. ponder upon that (:

a blessing i would like to mention is New Year's eve. It was the first time (ok maybe second) that I did not count down with my family alogside Jade Channel 228 - yes the cantonese channel. But that is not really the main point, although it was quite zeee excooitement for me. :P counting down at the wong's house with like a gajillion other fcbcWalnuters was a sweet, sweet feeling of.. oh i don't know. family? familiarity? But surely it reminded me of this experience:
This was FCBCW youth winter retreat 05. It was my senior year of high school and we had the opportunity to spend new year's eve counting down on some mountain (excuse my bad memory) and worshiping together as one big happy family - to lots and lots of chris tomlin music and hymns haha. it was THE year the members of fcbcw class of 06 each brought a bottle of apple cider up to celebrate (: it was GUREAT. It has already been three years and I am extremely blessed and encouraged to see how far this class has gone, how everyone has grown, and how God has graciously granted us the opportunities to gather as a class each break. Seeing so, so many of my peers step up in ministry has been MIND BLOWING i tell ya. I see them at youth retreats counseling the youngsters. I see them serving in junior high and high school as full time counselors - commuting every weekend just to minister to these kids... and many more. Lookin at this, seriously, can you deny God's work? shoooot. I LOVE YOU ALL (: see you guys at the 2009 Chris Tomlin concert!
Progressive Dinner is tomorrow (rather. TODAY)! i was going to go home for chinese new years. but the seniors. i must admit. are SO WORTH it (:
some songs I really, REALLY like:
she was mine _ aj rafael & jesse barrera
showstopper _ aj rafael
something special _ usher
the glories of calvary _ sovereign grace music
only in the cross _ sovereign grace music
until next time,
"This is the day which the Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
- Psalm 118:24

1 comment: