rolling (startig from 1:28 or so too bad there's two languages goin on) on the floor in a retarded manner while reciting "go! go! go!" with my hands in the shape of a gun. in my room. on the carpet. with anna watching.
or being lions at like 2 3am.
don't juge. they are. fun in their own ways.
Anyways, before i die in front of my compter from tiredness.
I would like to say that this week was the most insane "finals week" of all "finals week" i felt this past quarter.
However, God's Grace is sufficient and abundant.
In times of discouragement, in times of distress, in times of. oh ionno. wanting to give up....
God always sovereignly shows me His faithfulness through His Word and through people He has placed in my life.
"Surely my soul remembers
And is bowed down within me.
This I recall to my mind,
Threfore i have hope.
Th Lord's lovingkindness indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."
- Lamentations 3:20-24
it is green. because green makes me think of life !!!
As "common" and "known" as these verses are: phil 4:6-7, Matt 11:28-30, Psalm 18:24 etc. I think I have neglected them and completely failed at abiding in them - they are such sweet, sweet promises, and verses that remind us to hold joyful attitudes. Yet, I turned to self-sufficiency, when really, even in the area of academics, it is SO NOT me. As Justin mentioned last week at FNF, Jesus is the Bread of Life. Do I really know my need? He gave us an example from one-i-don't-know-or-remember-who-Godly-man, how he dedicated 3hrs of prayer to the Lord instead of 2 BECAUSE he KNEW how much he needed God on that particular busy day. Many times, more school = less God. However some random ilustration popped up in my head that helped me understand this more...
I should be desiring and yearning for God, especially in those times that I am busy and overwhelmed, as much as I think I need more food and sleep. It is so easy to think dang i need more food to compensate for my lack of sleep, or fureak i should spend more time sleeping so i have energy the next day, but why not SHOOOT i needa spend more time with God today because i am SOO gonna fail without Him! ponder upon that. (: it was very convicting.
On another note, I am sad that i missed the much-anticipated-hanley-visit in harvest today ): i have been looking foward to it all week.
darn cogs87a project. Daniel and I were stuck in the DUN.dun.dun.GEON (i know. it has been SO LONG since i've used this term) from 12-12 basically. it was sad times. But by the end, it as like we friggin finished a program. and had no way of expressing ourselves except to laugh hysterically and say. "i don't even know what to say". Praise God that the due date was tonight, and not this past wed. I think we would've died. AND not finish. at least we are semi alive (not really) now, and finished it a good 25min beforehand (: ha.
Yeap. zee week was LOCO mahn! Many projects due and to work on and many unfortunate, unexpected academic things came up, but SERIOUSLY by God's GRACE, everything turned out foine. my projects all turned out well. and i feel much relieved. at least for tonoights.
these projects have caused me great pain and unhealthiness.
i don't sleep. or eat well (I KNOW. that is a biggie since i usually compensate my lack of sleep with good, balanced diets).
tiff chu commented on how i looked diff after not seeing me for two weeks.
and asked, "DID YOUR FACE get SKINNIER??" frightening. ahknow. ):
Anyways, two other things I learned & was deeply encouraged by:
- "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own interests, but also for the interests of others" - Phil 2:3-4
A verse in which i have not seen applied so consistently and with so much joy and willingness until I went to the Philippines. it has resurfaced as I experienced the bunches of grace & generosity from others these few weeks. I have been convicted of my unwillingness to spend time on others in the midst of my "busy schedule" as I much rather spend it on my school work and slip in some food and sleep along the way. However, seeing how generous two particular individuals were with their time in helping me, or my group, with things they really have no obligation to, has been a huge blessing and encouragement to my heart. so Thank you, Lynn & JonChen :) you guys have indirecly taught me much. if there are words to express what i am thinking & feeling inside... it would not come out as lame & plain as this. - "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us cosider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling tgether, as is the habit of some, but encouragingone another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near." - Hebrews 10:23-25
I also have been tremendously blessed by those who spurred me on through their words, actions, prayers, and er. don't know how to phrase it in a single word, but those who always pointed me back to God - whether it be about joy, faith, patience, dependence, God's Glory, sovereignty, strength, and the list goes on... but truly, thank you. Despite my tiredness, and lack of outward expresion of gratitude, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU. again. sometimes, I don't know how to put things into words and express them because the feeling inside of me is 100x greater than what it actually sounds like.
I think my roberto's california burrito has digested a bit by now.
speaking of food. and speaking of beef (inside the burrito)...
team STEK is awesome. (: not only is everyone responsibe, but everyone's dang funny.
i am so thankful for this opportunity to get to know several non-harvesters...
If i don't see them 3x a week + group proj hours...
then i see them every day + many group hours....
it is pretty awesome. despite the ridiculous amt of hours put into these cogs classes...
we really do have our fun along the way. and i enjoy it a lot. THANKS GUYYS & GIRL..!
alrightay. seriously. my burrito has digested by now.
I can shower and sleep in peace.
YAY. time to SLEEP IN TOMORROW! (:
so excooited for the much needed physical rest
in which i have anticipated for... all quarter!!! YIKES 8]
and i shall leave you with this:
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary."
- Isaiah 40:28-31
God bless (:
-Vans
thank you for posting this! :) encouraging to me.
ReplyDelete