Monday, March 5, 2012

In the Cross Alone I Glory

Two posts STILL in the making. I have been quite busy as of late and definitely wish I had more time to put more of my thoughts into words for ya'll. But alas, responsibilities and deadlines take precedence and I am just here to drop a quick post before I slave away again. I haven't heard this song in a long time. We recently sang this during our young adult fellowship and Sunday church service. Found a Resolved worship session for the song. I guess the individual who recorded this was really captivated by the drummer... ha, although I have to say he is undeniably quite awesome.



SAVOUR IT (I know, I have a tendency to spell some words the British way still, like "labour")

In the cross alone I glory
Recognition laying down
Greatest treasures count as worthless
Standing next to Heaven's crowns
Standing next to Heaven's crowns

In the cross alone I glory
Ever reaching for the prize
Pressing on and laying hold of
That for which my savior died
That for which my savior died

[Chorus]
In the cross alone I glory
Nothing of my own to give
Only that which Christ has offered
For my soul that I may live
For my soul that I may live

In the cross alone I glory
Holding fast the word of life
Toiling not in vain but being
Poured out as a sacrifice
Poured out as a sacrifice

Never will I seek the glory
That was never meant for me
Always heavenward reflecting
All to Jesus to receive
All to Jesus to receive
All to Jesus to receive

[Chorus x2]

Pretty self explanatory lyrics. Biblical, humbling reminders. Straight-to-the-point-no-sugar-coating. If you are a believer, may it be an encouragement and sobering reminder to you. As a fellow sister in Christ, I urge you to "press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Phil 3:14) and to  live for an audience of One (Gal 1:10, Eph 6L:5-8) - lessons that have been repeatedly on my mind as of late. If you are not a believer, consider what you are living for at this point in your life. Consider the implications of prizing your earthly treasures and success in light of eternity. Talk to me, ask questions, talk to fellow Christian friends and coworkers you may have! I encourage you to learn and be open to what this seeming "foolishness" is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment